In the first three months of 2018, at ICO $6.3 billion were invested, which is more than for the entire 2017 year ($5.48 billion). The record was perfectly helped by ICO TON with their $1.7 billion
- The European Parliament approved new measures to combat money laundering. In the EU, all cryptocurrency exchanges and wallets must introduce a function “mandatory” identification of customers
- Samsung is going to apply blockchain technology to optimize logistics to cut current costs by 20%.
- IMF head Kristin Lagarde favored a reasonable approach to crypto-currencies. She believes that most cryptocurrencies will not stand the test of time, but the remaining ones will significantly change the financial system
- Users of the leading trading platform P2P LocalBitcoins reported the possible introduction of AML/KYC traders identification standards.
- Bithumb, South Korea’s leading cryptocurrency exchange, has revealed plans to issue its own token, Bithumb Coin, in an Initial Coin Offering (ICO) in Singapore
- BitGo wallet provider announced support for ERC20 tokens.
- Batavia, a blockchain trade finance platform, has successfully completed its first live corporate cross-border transaction. The platform is a joint venture between tech giant IBM and leading banks including Swiss bank UBS, European financial services firm Erste Group, the Spanish CaixaBank, German giant CommerzBank, and Bank of Montreal. This initial transaction saw the platform facilitate the exchange of cars from Germany to Spain and raw materials from Austria to Spain.
- JPMorgan Chase, the National Bank of Canada, and other banking sector participants have tested the Quorum Blockchain platform with the intent to make the process of issuing financial instruments more efficient
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud platform has recently introduced its Blockchain framework for Ethereum (ETH) and Hyperledger Fabric allowing users to build and manage their own Blockchain-powered decentralized applications (DApps), AWS announced in a blog post Thursday, April 19.